Managing Our Health Risk With These Guidelines
We are aware that many of you have concerns about the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the impact it may have on EXPPM Properties. Please know that the health and safety of our residents and employees is our priority.
The Centers for Disease Control have made various recommendations as to how to reduce the potential for the coronavirus to spread which we are implementing throughout our organization. All employees and vendors have been instructed not to come in to work or go to any of our residents if they are sick. We have further instructed them regarding proper handwashing and other sanitation techniques.
Please help us manage our health risk by following these guidelines:
- Only visit The Leasing Office if necessary. Property Managers are available to help over the phone or through e-mail, and your account is accessible on your resident portal.
- If you are requesting maintenance or other services at the residence, please disclose during the request if anyone residing or visiting the residence in the prior 30 days has had a respiratory illness so our team can take proper precautions.
- Please understand our team members may come to your home with additional protections (gloves, masks, etc.) depending on the circumstances. Additionally, they have been instructed to keep a distance from individuals in the home. This is not meant to appear discourteous but merely a precaution.
- We are currently fully staffed. If either illness or restrictions lead to staffing shortages please be patient with us, as non-emergency services may take a little longer than usual.
- If either you or someone in the residence is ill, please wait until they have been symptom free without medication for fourteen (14) days before requesting non-emergency maintenance visits.
We at Exponential Property Management know that there is great concern surrounding the coronavirus and want you to know we are taking every precaution to keep our residents and employees safe. As we become aware of additional information regarding the situation, we will adjust operations as needed and continue to keep you informed of any additional protocol changes.
We thank you for your patience and understanding,
The EXPPM Team